Friday 30 March 2012

Sales, promo and followers

Evening folks,

It's been a sunny week here. Perfect for walking along the canal or on the beach. Sadly I've spent most of it in a warehouse working. But it's the weekend now and I'm off to Scotland tomorrow to catch up with chums.

The positives of this week are I received my first ever comment on one of my blog posts which was super. I have also sold 78 books this month which is a new high. I remain convinced that if I ever find the time to promote more I'd sell pretty well. Anyway there is one more day of March left so I'd like to pass the 80 mark if possible. Given that my latest effort, All the fun of the Fair, is priced slightly higher, it's all good.

If you are reading this, tell your friends to buy my book! If you don't have any friends, open the window and shout to a passing stranger. All help gratefully accepted.

Finally, I entered a competition this week. It was in Good Housekeeping magazine believe it or not, shown to me by the wife's Aunt. The prize is publication of the novel by Orion and a £25,000 advance, as well as an introduction to the agent Luigi Bonomi. Results not announced until May. Needless to say I submitted a chunk of The 24 Hour Jazz cafe so fingers crossed. Bottle of champagne (or summat else nice) for Auntie Helen if I win.

That's it for now. I'm going to try and write a few words of the follow up to The Jazz Cafe before bed.

Thanks for reading, following and buying. As ever, it's appreciated and keeps me from going postal during working hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment