Saturday 3 March 2012

Rejection and Royalties

Afternoon all,

On the 21st January I submitted an extract of The 24 Hour Jazz Cafe to The Writing Room. They were running a bursary competition which, if memory serves, was £10,000. Sadly, on the 28th I received an email saying that my piece had not been selected but they did offer positive feedback so no harm done.

The other positive is that I had an email from my chums at Amazon US informing me that my first royalty payment from US sales would be in the bank shortly. It's only a few quid but it's international royalties so there's really no downside.

Meanwhile All the fun of the fair is fully edited and formatted and will be launched within the next week so keep your eyes peeled.

Right I'd best go because I'm watching the final of the tennis from Dubai and I've got a pre pub pizza in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment