Monday 30 April 2012

Sale in Germany

Morning folks,

As the title suggests I have sold my first book in Germany and very satisfying it is too. I've had books downloaded there before but only as part of free promo events. However, today some enlightened and wonderful individual purchased a copy of Playground Cool. Whoever you are, thanks very much and welcome aboard!

In other news I've tweaked the front cover of the paperback version of Playground Cool, along with a few other minor things, and resubmitted it for proofing. Assuming Amazon are happy with it then it should be available to buy in the next day or so.

Further to this I've also finished the formatting etc for the paperback version of The 24 Hour Jazz Cafe. I'll have to wait for the proof to come so I can review it but all being well that will also be available in paperback in June. The digital version should be available within a week or so. As a teaser I have included a picture of the cover from the paperback.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie

    Now following your blog.

    I agree re shipping costs. A would love Createspace to open a UK arm, they are so much better than any POD that I have come across in the UK.

    Hope you get time to look at my blog and consider a follow.

    http://mmm-number-1.blogspot.com

    Regards

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike,

      I see from reading your blog (which I am now following)that you have very similar experiences to me and many others with Kindle formatting and proofing etc. But that feeling when my book arrived in the mail was fantastic. I don't think it will sell many owing to cost and time it will take to ship outside the US, but I'm glad I did it.

      Delete