Saturday 28 April 2012

Morning all,

Bit of a late night which isn't clever after a long week at work. I've been up for twenty hours but I've had a productive day (once the day job was out of the way).

I've got a bit of a side project on at the moment - I'm decorating/refurbing my home cinema so I've been removing skirting boards, plastering, hammering, sanding and generally making a mess of what was the best room in the house.

Aside from that the writing is progressing well. I've completed 12,000 words of the new book and finished formatting the Jazz Cafe for paperback. Yes, that's right. The 24 Hour Jazz Cafe will be coming out in paperback shortly. I've also formatted about 50% of it for Kindle so that should also be out very soon. I'll post links on here when available.

The other big news is that today I received my proof copy of Playground Cool and very nice it is too. I've spent this evening tweaking the front cover and altering the page number layout and have resubmitted it for checking. I should have a revised proof within 48 hours and if I like it, then Playground Cool will be my first novel in print. Exciting times. I can tell you that it will be priced at $9. It's a bit steep but the price is determined by the size of the book. However, it's only about £5.50 to us Brits which isn't bad I don't think.

The book is sitting quietly on my bedside cabinet as I type. It's quite a strange feeling to know that something I wrote over ten years ago is now a real book. The fact that it's sold as many as it has on Kindle continues to amaze me.

Anyway, that's it for today. I'm aiming to start designing the cover for the Jazz Cafe this weekend as well as write a bit more of the new book. In between tidying up my mess in the home cinema of course. But all of that can wait until I've enjoyed a significant lie in!

Thanks to everyone who continues to follow my blog, retweet me, Facebook me and buy my books. It means more than even my stellar vocabulary can articulate.

1 comment: