Wednesday 20 June 2012

Emails and Venice

Evening groovers,

As predicted I've been over thinking the submission I sent to Simon Trewin. That said, it was a bit strange. I sent the email around midnight and received a read receipt at 6AM. So I awoke to find it waiting for me and was immediately a bit excited and then a bit curious as to who on earth was opening emails at that time.

Later, at about 10:30AM I received another read receipt for my email which made me more curious and a bit more excited.

I also spent a bit of time thinking about Carole Blake (of Blake Friedmann agency) because she is on Simon Trewin's Twitter list so I know she is on holiday in Venice. I have just booked to go to Venice so I began to wonder if this was a sign that submitting to Simon was the right move.

You see how these things mess with my mind? This is exactly the reason why I was so unsure about sending anything in the first place.

In other news I've sold a few books today which is good and the revisions for the paperback version of All the fun of the Fair are progressing. I've done about half the book so it should be ready early next week. Needless to say I'll post updates on here.

Sadly I've not written much but I'm just too damn tired. I managed a couple of hundred words of fairly meaningless prose last night and I've just not had the inclination tonight but by the time I got in from work and shopping and had tea I fell alseep on the couch and that was it. I've got a couple of days in the Lake District booked at the end of the month though so hopefully that might help the creativity.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment