Sunday 10 February 2013

The Troggs and horse meat

Evening everyone,

Another week's flown by. I had the chance to spend some time with a couple of the chaps from my old job last week which was nice. As ever the task at hand degenerated into the three of us pretty much talking crap, drinking coffee and not doing much work. Which probably explains why we were still there at quarter part six in the evening.

In other news Reg Presley, writer of Wild Thing for those who can't place the name, died this week aged 71. I can't imagine anyone not liking that song, though he doubtless made lots more cash from the success of Love is All Around. The internet is littered with tributes but I like this link the best. It's Reg and the other Troggs arguing, with much swearing, about a song in the studio. Parts of it are hilarious.

Sadly his passing has been shunted from the news by continued scandal about us all eating horse meat without realising it. Grim stuff and I suspect someone is going face hefty fines. The wife has taken great delight in reminding that my guilty pleasure freezer food - Findus Cripsy Pancakes - are no doubt made with 100% prime pony. I care not. They taste nice and I only eat them when she's out. Plus I can run for miles and love jumping over fences.

Sales have been good this week, the new book The Trust, is selling well and the paperback is due out by the middle of next week. A proof is on its way to my house as I type this. I was out for lunch with my new colleagues this week and one of them mentioned she'd bought a copy. My heart nearly stopped and it was all I could do to keep chewing my beer battered haddock. As regular readers will know the content of the new book is a bit close to the bone, depending on where you work and your thoughts on euthanasia. Hopefully I won't upset anyone but I do feel compelled to keep stressing it's a work of fiction.

Anyway, that's it for now. Time for a few ales and a pizza I think. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment