Monday 11 February 2013

The pope, Liverpool and writing. It's all religion.

Evening gang.

A generally positive start to the week has been kicked off course by Liverpool's dismal home defeat to West Brom which has just finished.

Indeed it's been a day of surprises. Earlier in the day the Pope resigned. Sky News has had folk stationed at the Vatican all day and that's been quite nice since I've been there. Still, it's a hell of a job and not one I can imagine many would relish.

Which brings me to that other form of religion. Football. Specifically Liverpool, in the opinion of many the most famous club on the planet. Every bloody time we dare to believe the corner has been turned we go and get turned over by a lesser team at Anfield. I'll be off to bed in a bad mood now. Very frustrating and yet you can't help but be drawn back to watch the next game.

So, to end on a positive. Sales of the new book are going well. In fact sales in the last week have been good, though I have been motivated to do some promotion for a change since I'm not writing at the moment. As ever, thanks to everyone who has parted with their cash and I hope you enjoy the stories.

By the way, just as an aside, if you haven't seen House of Cards on Netflix I recommend you dive in. It stars Kevin Spacey and it's utterly brilliant. I was up until 3AM last night/this morning watching it. Top drawer.

Right, time for another ale and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment