Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Stone Roses and Agents

Evening folks,

It's been a very lively few days and in all the excitement I forgot to mention I went to a concert on Friday night. Myself and a few friends went to see the Stone Roses at Heaton Park, their first gig of any note in over 15 years. I won't bore you with the details because if you're interested you were either there or have watched the videos on Youtube. Suffice to say, in years to come I will be able to say I was there and it's something that I and my friends will talk about whenever we meet up.

Aside from that the wife turned 40. I went large with the present budget which seemed to be the right play. Lots of tears and talk of it being the perfect weekend. So that's not done me any harm long term.

One thing I haven't done is write. Not a word in weeks. It's a particular shame because the new Mitch and Rupert book was pouring out of me. I've decided to print off what I've done so far, read it and try to get back into the flow. Fingers crossed.

Still no response from the material I emailed to Simon Trewin, but I've let it go now. On the other hand I did get a couple of Tweets from Carole Blake so I'm toying with the idea of sending something to her. Humour me, I have a blind spot when it comes to rejection.

Sales remain steady, if a little slower which I'm putting down to it being summer and my doing less promo. Mind you, the British summer has been so bad I'm surprised more folk aren't indoors reading.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment