Tuesday 22 May 2012

Bee Gees, Kindle Users, Paint and Alison Steadman

Morning kids,

It's been awhile but now I'm back and my fingers are sticky with gloss! That's right, I'm elbow deep in a decorating project which is taking up more time than I'd like. That said, it's looking good and I do have a shiny new 9 foot wide cinema screen dangling from my freshly painted ceiling.

In book related news I've done no promo at all in 2 weeks but thankfully book sales have continued, although at a slower pace than usual, especially in America. When the paint has dried, I'll address that and spread the word.

On that note, I have positive news. A chum from the Goodreads website has nominated my latest book The 24 Hour Jazz Cafe for book of the month for June on the Kindle Users Forum. Voting is underway now so if you can be bothered a vote would be appreciated.

Finally, as you will know another music legend has died in Robin Gibb. I was particularly saddened to learn that people hadn't heard of him. I kid you not. I was listening to Radio One in the car today between meetings while the reporter explained who the Bee Gees were. They then proceeded to ask a host of folk about their music and half of them didn't have a clue. They should teach this stuff in schools! Sad times.

Finally, a musician mate of mine texted tonight to say Alison Steadman had turned up to his gig tonight. Make of that what you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment