Sunday 27 May 2012

Agent rejection

Morning folks,

As the title suggests I'm still banging my head against the rejection wall. I received an email from Jo Hayes at the Bell Lomax Moreton Agency which said:

"Thanks for sending us a sample of your book to review. After extensive consideration, we do not feel that we are the right agency to represent your proposed material."

Experience tells me that the consideration was most likely anything but extensive and that the "we" referred to is in fact the minimum wage Reader they employ to sift the slush pile. Still, been there before.

I have to admit when the email landed yesterday I was surprised as I have no memory of submitting anything to this agency. Mind you, my email to them is dated 18th March so it's no wonder I don't recall.

Anyway, no harm done. In other news me and the wife are a bit pink from the sun and the decorating has past the halfway stage.

Night...

1 comment:

  1. I received a rejection letter from this agency and I think it was the nicest one I've ever received. It was obvious from their response that they had read my work. They said that they had enjoyed my writing. Whether this is a standard phrase in their letters, I'm not sure, but it did cheer me up as most rejections are so innocuous. I got the sense that this is a very good agency (or Sarah who I submitted to is nice) and would recommend submitting to them :)

    ReplyDelete