Saturday 22 December 2012

Are you all set for Christmas?

Afternoon gang,

So we're nearly there. I've bought all the presents I'm going to buy. The wife and I did our festive shop at Sainsburys last night and everything is wrapped.

The busiest week of the year at work is now behind me and, with me at the helm, it was a total success. I have just 7 working days left until I start my new job. Can't wait. Gonna be a bit weird being the new kid again and it will be very strange not being the most knowledgable person in terms of what I do. Still, they're paying me plenty so I'll soon grasp what's going on.

Anyway, here's the thing. I've just about finished the second draft of the new book but I'm not going to publish it for Christmas. As I've said previously there's a lot more to this story than I originally thought and I want to take the time to get it right. As such I'm going to hang fire until I'm certain I've done it justice. Don't panic, it'll be worth the wait. And then there's the sequel to the Jazz Cafe to look forward to as well. So 2013 promises to be very positive on the book front.

Right, I'm going to look at a few more pages while I wait for people to arrive. I've got two friends staying tonight. There's a few of us off out for festive ales to kick off the season. Then tea with more friends tomorrow and out on Christmas Eve as well before the big day.

Merry Christmas to you all. Thanks for reading and following my blog, it's much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment