Sunday 13 January 2013

New book, new job, new competition, new year...

Evening all,

It's been a lively week which is why I've not posted anything since last weekend. I started a new job which has taken up most of my time but I've also been cracking on with the third, and final, draft of my new book The Trust.

So what's the plan for the new book you may or may not be wondering? Well, it will obviously be appearing on all ebook formats first, literally within moments of me finishing the third draft I suspect. Then it will be out in paperback via my chums at Createspace. The majority of this work is already done, I just need to upload the final version of the file and away we go.

But I will also be submitting the book for this years Amazon Breakthrough Novel competition. When does the competition open you ask? Midnight tonight actually. It's open until the 27th January so it works out perfectly since I have a new book ready to submit. It's generally pretty pointless since this competition is all about your pitch. You can be rejected before anyone even reads a word you've written, but it costs nothing.

But since I'm so pleased with how this book has developed I'm also going to put myself through the misery of submitting to a few agents. We all know how that will turn out but I'm going to do it anyway so you can look forward to a few posts about rejections over the coming months. Yay!

In other news sales are steady but not remarkable but my promotional efforts these days are limited to the occasional Facebook and Twitter post, Goodreads and this blog. Speaking of which, as of an hour ago I have 1600 Twitter followers. Thanks to each and every one of them. Hopefully they'll help spread the word when the new book launches.

Last but not least I'm reading The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz. It's a new, official, Sherlock Holmes novel. I'm a big fan of all things Conan Doyle so I approached with caution but it's actually very good. Horowitz captures the essence of the original stories while injecting a few of his own touches. It's well worth a read.

Right, I'm off. Few ales etc before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment