Sunday 16 October 2011

Crime Writers Association Dagger Awards

Afternoon readers.

For those who missed it, the Specsavers Crime Thriller Awards took place in London on Friday 7th October. It was shown on ITV3 and as I write this, the repeat is still available on the ITV Player.

In my opinion these award shows don't really lend themselves to being on tele. I think that's more because they tend to be a little low budget compared to the big film awards which is a pity given that without books, half the films we watch wouldn't exist. That said, if I'm ever in line to be nominated for any type of literary award, then I'd want it to be on tele if for no other reason than I could record it and make sure it was on everytime somebody popped round to visit.

Lots of names there on the night. It rather highlights my ignorance that I hadn't heard of some of the nominees but it was good to see Mark Billingham and Peter James taking home awards as the wife and I are fans of both. The wife is a particular fan of Mark's as he has taken the time to reply to a couple of her tweets which has been the cause of much excitement in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment